Annacis Lock-Up Storage offers convenient and reliable self storage solutions to many customers in New Westminster, Delta, Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, Surrey and Vancouver. While we look after securely storing your belongings in a clean, dry, and climate controlled environment, for the best storage experience it’s important you have completed the preparation process in an efficient manner on your end. Regardless of whether you are moving, or simply just require extra space over the summer months, preparing to store your belongings in self-storage is easy!
Please don’t be discouraged as we mention the below considerations; having been operating for several years, we’ve seen the good and the bad and simply want your experience with us to be a pleasant one.
On that note, here are 5 common storage mistakes NOT to make:
- Selecting a storage unit of the wrong size: Plan in advance the amount of belongings you intend to store, and keep this information in mind when selecting an appropriate sized unit. Of course we want to be sure you have enough space for your items, but At Annacis Lock-Up we also want you to receive the most bang for your buck, without wasting any unnecessary space in the process. It’s best to plan in advance as to what you’ll be storing and the size options available to you. This will ensure that you receive a storage space that is not only cost effective, but also appropriate for your belongings!
- Using inefficient packing supplies: The ink on newspapers can make quite the mess, causing smudges and bleeding onto your belongings. You’ve probably already cleaned your items prior to wrapping them, so the last thing you want to do is clean them again due to unnecessary soiling. To avoid this all together, choose ink-free wrapping paper to protect your items. Also, remember to use bubble wrap for those items that are fragile. You’ll be happy you did! Nothing is worse than opening up a box only to discover broken parts. You may purchase these items directly from our storage facility.
- Failing to pack your storage unit properly: Always ensure that you leave an adequate pathway to your belongings so you can get to the rear of your self storage unit when needed. Items that require access in the near future should be kept at the front of the storage unit for easy retrieval. Don’t forget to make the most of your vertical space! Store mattresses and large, bulky furniture pieces standing up, and remember to stack any chairs. Well this one may seem obvious… always store heavy items in smaller boxes, with lighter boxes on top.
- Failing to label boxes: I think we can all agree that there is nothing more frustrating than aimlessly searching for something in unlabeled boxes… after all, where do you start? You have no choice but to open each one, rifling through each box until you’ve finally discovered that item. For your own peace of mind, label the boxes with a number and the general contents. Keep a detailed list for each box and make copies! That way, when you are looking for something you simply refer to the list. You may purchase both packing materials and boxes directly from Annacis Self Storage.
- Not taking the time to plan ahead: This is one of the biggest mistakes; always have a plan in place before you start moving items into your self storage unit. Consider the items you won’t need for a while, versus the belongings you might need access to often. In doing so, you will pack your unit accordingly and know exactly where everything is, saving you time and hassle when you’re ready to remove pieces. Before renting your unit, review the number of boxes and items you can stack, so you have a better idea of what storage unit will meet your particular needs.
At Annacis Lock-Up, our goal is to make your experience as smooth and stress-free as possible. Keep in mind the above points when preparing your move, and we guarantee you’ll be pleased with the self storage services received. Our 80,000 square foot building of concrete and steel construction offers climate controlled radiant heated, clean and dry secured storage of our customer’s property.
Feel free to visit our website for more Self Storage Tips. Or contact us directly for more details in regards to renting an ideal storage space for your belongings! Call 604-527-0388