Are you moving from you New Westminster home, or perhaps your office is relocating to a different area in the city? In either case, most people can agree that moving isn’t the most enjoyable task in the world, but one that we’ve all had to do at least once. Sure, it can be chaotic and stressful trying to arrange belongings in an organized and timely manner. Your move can be a little easier with some key packing tips.
So if you’re preparing for an upcoming move, save yourself some hassle by with these helpful packing, storing, and moving tips:
- Pack with uniform size boxes wherever possible; this makes stacking much easier whether belongings are being transferred into your new home/office, or being kept in a self storage facility.
- Label boxes on every side and either list its contents or categorize it according to room placement. This makes unpacking way easier, as you can simply move boxes directly into the new rooms of your home with little to no confusion.
- Ensure your breakable belongings are protected properly; use bubble wrap, styrofoam chips, and plain newsprint to protect them. Always label these boxes with “Fragile” for extra caution and care when moving these into or out of your vehicle. Any glassware like dishes, cups, glasses etc. should be individually wrapped and then wrapped again in bundles for additional protection.
- Any large picture frames or mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard and stored on their edge to prevent breakage.
- Ensure any furniture such as beds, desks, and sofas are covered appropriately. Use plastic to cover them to reduce exposure to dirt or moisture during the move.
If you are storing your belongings in a New Westminster Storage Facility in Greater Vancouver, consider the below tips for the best self-storage experience.
- Establish a clear pathway in your storage unit so you can quickly and easily access items in the back of your unit safely. Stack boxes wherever possible and place items you’ll require sooner at the front of the storage unit.
- Choose a climate-controlled storage unit if you plan on storing fragile or temperature sensitive belongings.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need to drain gas and oil from any motors you are placing in storage (lawn mowers, snow blowers etc.). This keeps your other items safe, and protects the storage unit from potential oil spills. It’s always a good idea to use cardboard or another type of protective mat under the motor.
- If you are storing appliances be sure they are cleaned properly before. Always leave doors slightly open to allow airflow, and to prevent mould development.
At Annacis Lock-Up we provide state of the art solutions for the storage needs of our many customers from New Westminster, Delta, Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, Surrey and Vancouver. We supply our customers with a secure, quality environment for you and your personal belongings. Our public storage facility is simple to use, and there are no long-term commitments necessary.
Call 604-527-0388 for more information on how we can assist with your storage needs!