Self Storage Tips From Annacis Lock-Up
- Ensure you are getting the right size storage unit for your requirements. When contacting Annacis Storage, be specific about items you will need to store. If you are unsure or would like to calculate your required space yourself, try using our On-Line Storage Calculator
- Once you determine the space you need, decide how long you may require storage, as you may be able to take advantage of prepayment, and long term discounts.
- Pack your goods in boxes, not garbage bags. Place books, magazines, and records in small boxes. Kitchen appliances and other miscellaneous items should go in medium size boxes and save your large boxes for bedding and linens. Do not overload your boxes, and ensure the lid is closed securely to make stacking easy.
- Look for a public storage facility that offers climate-controlled units. The only facilities that say, “Climate control is not important”, are the ones that don’t have climate control.
- Ask if the company offers insurance. If they don’t, you have to ask why! Perhaps they can’t get insurance because of poor history.
- Ensure you select a good lock, as it is your first measure of security, and keep a second key somewhere safe.
- When stacking your goods, it is obvious that you can’t stack boxes 10 feet high, or something on the bottom will be crushed. Stack nightstands on top of dressers, and put the boxes on top.
- Do not leave space to access the goods. Instead, put some items on dollies or castors, and when you arrive, push them out into the hallway. This allows you to have lots of access, but at the same time maximize your storage space.
- You should always compare and visit a few storage facilities, as there vast differences that can only be detected with a facility visit.
- The most important thing is to never rent a storage unit unseen. Always see your actual unit before signing the paperwork. If you must, try to go on their website and get a look at exactly what you will be renting.
- Always ask lots of questions!
Instead of spending large amounts of money on brand name moisture absorbency kits, make your own! Place a spaghetti strainer on top of an ice-cream bucket and put about a butter dish worth of sidewalk salt in the strainer. The moisture will collect in the salt and drip and collect in the bucket.
Annacis Lock-Up storage depot is open 7 days a week and is located for ease of access. Our security measures include fully fenced facilities, sophisticated electronic alarm system, computerized gated access and resident manager.
Annacis Lock-Up Storage
Address: 555 Derwent Way Delta, BC V3M 6S9
Phone: (604) 527-0388
Friendly staff with phenomenal customer service. They have affordable storage rates, secured storage, accessible elevators, bathrooms, dollies and a forklift operated by staff. Very pleased with this Delta storage facility close to New Westminster!
It is secure, clean, and the team is always willing to help. Feels like a family business who care vs just someone punching a clock. Lots of access points, and equipment to help you move your stuff around. I highly recommend this New Westminster storage unit to the neighbourhood. Rates are very good too and the free truck to help you move in was a godsend when we needed to downsize.
Clean, very well maintained, secure, efficient access, lots of large dollies to use, reasonable rates especially compared to downtown Vancouver or the north shore. We needed a storage place that was close to New Westminster for five months. It worked out perfectly. Would use this storage unit again without hesitation if the need arose.
I have been supremely satisfied with the renting service and storage, start to finish. The staff is super friendly, efficient and always ready to help. Even their online service is great, which for me is very important. It’s easy to get answers, help, and they reply quickly. Their chat feature is especially good, and online payments are easy. I highly recommend them for your temporary or long-term storage needs. And they sometimes have a deal to use their truck for pickup, which really worked for me. Having just moved to a bigger home, we no longer need to rent storage units, but if we do in future, I will be using this Annacis again. Great self-storage prices, too!
Dwayne is top drawer hands down !! I was only here renting a storage unit for 18 months but all the staff are super friendly but more importantly helpful. The gate and lights were always in good working order. Also, the price was very competitive in the New Westminster and Delta area.
The friendly, honest staff at Annacis Lock-up are super cool and easy to deal with. The option of 24-hr access to the outdoor storage is great, something not offered in many other storage facilities in the Delta and New Westminster area. This RV storage spot is safe and secure, offering competitive storage unit rates. 5 stars all the way!