You may have spent summer days cruising down the road with the sun on your face and wind in your hair behind the wheel, but sadly the days are getting colder and the days are becoming shorter. Winter is quickly approaching, and for many of us that means storing our summer vehicles away for the season.
Turning to a trusted and convenient self storage facility for your car storage, gives you the peace of mind in knowing that your vehicle is in safe company, secure from the winter elements.
Before storing your car away, you’ll want to take a few steps to prep the vehicle for long-term storage. Cars aren’t meant to sit idle for long periods, and can therefore suffer from adverse effects of inactivity. Consider these tips in preparation of winter storage for your vehicle.
Car Storage Tips for the Winter
• If you are storing a classic or sports car, place a carpet in your storage unit for added protection.
• Fill up the gas tank and add a fuel preservative. This preservative helps to prevent the gas from breaking down over time.
• Change the engine oil and filter to avoid corrosion from the acids in current oil.
• Fuel tanks can be victim to moisture through condensation. Driving the car a few miles before storage will ensure that the additive has mixed thoroughly before storage
• Disconnect the battery and clean the terminals. This will stop the battery from draining and prevents corrosion of the contacts.
• Ensure all tires are inflated and in proper shape.
• Because our building is heated, there is no need to worry about mildew or mould development however, it’s best to leave your trunk popped and windows down for proper air circulation.
• While this isn’t necessary, you may wish to fill up the windshield washer fluid and antifreeze so there is adequate fluid when you remove your car from storage.
• Our facility maintains a high level of cleanliness and security, but you may wish to wash and cover your car prior to storage so it’s ready for spring. Of course, this is entirely optional!
Annacis Lock-Up is pleased to supply customers with car storage services that are entirely safe and secure. Our facility is equipped with the necessary security measures that ensure your vehicle will remain protected from theft, vandalism, and other types of property damage. RVs and We provide several payment options such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Interac, cheques, PayPal, and of course cash with which to pay our very competitive rates.
Contact Annacis Lock-Up Storage today for more information about our car storage services. Call 604-527-0388